Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moonmen & Golden Popcorn

There is something very exciting about award shows, maybe it's the thrill of seeing your favorite celebrities from music, movies, television or Broadway. The thrill of watching a live show (you never know what can happen on live tv!)

When MTV is scheduled to air one of their two popular award shows, the Video Music Awards (VMA) or the MTV Movie Awards, I am sure to tune in. 

MTV award shows promise great performances, a great host and even a few surprises...surprises that have us talking until the next award show comes around. Some examples being the triple kiss between Britney Spears, Madonna and Christina Aguilera at the 2003 VMAs or at 2000 VMAs while Fred Durst accepted an award for Best Rock Video, Rage Against the Machine bassist Tim Commerford climbed up the fake palm tree behind the podium.
This blog has been created for my PR research methods class, I am a graduate student working on my masters in Public Relations at Quinnipiac University. Throughout the semester I will focus my attention on MTV award shows, how do they publicize?, how do they pick a host?, how do they develop their list of nominees? My goal is to answer all these questions while tying in the readings from my PR research class.

Like most people my age, I have grown up watching MTV. I rushed home after school to catch Carson Daly hosting TRL and stayed up late to watch the "10 spot". MTV continues to provide great television and music, with television shows like "Teen Mom" and "Jersey Shore" and music videos featured on MTV2!

I am looking forward to watching the VMAs this Sunday on September 12th hosted by comedian Chelsea Handler!

No comments:

Post a Comment